By Srikanth Kanchinadham. Posted on April 09, 2015
Film festivals nurture budding film makers, giving them exposure and visibility. Some of the biggest name filmmakers like Quentin Tarantino, Steven Soderbergh, Darren Aronofsky, Jim Jarmusch, Kevin Smith & Paul Thomas Anderson amongst many others received their first big breaks at film festivals like Cannes or Sundance.
While we've written earlier about what you should do at the festivals, this insightful article at Indiewire highlights valuable advice given by some of the best festival programmers from around the world on how to make the most of such film festivals. We've listed down their advice here for your benefit:
1. Know the festival before applying
2. Make sure the film is absolutely done before registering
3. Get the perfect title and description
4. Emulate the festival’s strategy
5. Rejections should not be taken upon personally
6. Social Media can be very helpful
7. Assist fellow film-makers
8. Be friendly
9. Keep in touch
Take note of these and ensure that you follow them the next time you are at a film festival. And if you want to know more about how to GET into film festivals, watch this cool video that details what filmmakers need to do.