By Srikanth Kanchinadham. Posted on
August 06, 2015
The 27th Palm Springs International Film Festival is now calling for entries. The festival has the reputation of being one of the largest film festivals in North America, screening more than 180 films from over 70 countries for a diverse audience of nearly 137,000 cinema enthusiasts and industry professionals. The festival takes place in the beautiful Coachella Valley at the base of Mt. San Jacinto in southern California. PSIFF also brings together industry reps and executives from Los Angeles, film aficionados from across the country and filmmakers from around the world.
About The Festival
The festival is known for screening foreign-language movies The 27th PSIFF is scheduled for 1-11 January, 2016 and is now accepting entries for feature and documentary feature films.
- The regular deadline is August 20, 2015.
- The late deadline is September 4, 2015.
- Submitted films must be 70+ minutes for Features and Documentaries. No short films will be accepted.
- Online screeners are preferred - however, if you need to submit by DVD, please label the submitted DVD with the film title, running time and contact email and phone number as well as your submission number.
- Films completed in 2013 will only be considered if they premiered in 2014; films premiering prior to 2014 will not be considered.
- The film must not have been screened previously in the Coachella Valley (includes Palm Springs) or broadcasted in the United States/viewed on the internet.
- Rough cuts or cuts with "temp" sound will be accepted. Please list directly on the DVD what elements of your film are missing.
- More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must include a separate entry form and submission fee. Films submitted without proper payment will not be considered.
- Read the complete list of rules and regulations here. To submit your film, click here.
The non-discounted entry fee for the festival is Rs. 3,061/- (for regular deadline) and Rs. 3,878/- (for late deadline). Entry fees are non-refundable.
For more information regarding the festival, you can check their website here OR check out their Facebook page for the latest updates.