By Arun Fulara. Posted on
August 05, 2016
The 13th IAWRT Asian Women's Film Festival will take place in New Delhi from 2-4 March, 2017 at the India International Centre. The festival will showcase the works of Asian women Directors living in any part of the world in different genres - animation, non-fiction, short fiction/feature fiction, experimental and student films.
To mark the International Women’s Day, IAWRT India organises a film festival every year. The 13th IAWRT Asian Women’s Film Festival will be held from 2nd-4th March, 2017. Launched in 2005, the festival has grown in strength, popularity and reputation, with filmmakers from all over the world participating. The festival has traveled to many Indian cities, and curated package of films from the festival has been screened at other festivals across the world. The IAWRT film festival is an attempt to showcase work by women filmmakers of Asian origin, who are creating narratives that reshape the way we imagine cinema to be.
- All genres – short fiction/fiction feature, non-fiction, animation, experimental and student films – are welcome.
- The filmmaker has to be a woman of Asian origin, residing in any part of the world.
- If the film has more than one Director, at least one of them should be a woman.
- Films made between 1st October 2014 - 31st October 2016 are eligible for entry.
- Participants may send multiple entries, but separate forms are required for each entry.
- Films made in languages other than English are required to be subtitled in English, and will not be accepted for the pre-selection viewing.
- All required permissions from copyright holders should be acquired before entering the work into the 13th IAWRT Asian Women’s film festival. If a film is selected, the copyright holders of the film should permit free-of-cost public screening at the festival and at any related events.
- Films that are already available online, will not be considered for the festival
- We seek to screen films that are diverse and creating narratives that reshape the way we imagine cinema to be. Like previous editions of the festival, apart from the general programme that will feature films selected through an open-call entry, there will be some curated sections and seminars. The festival will also feature the fourth edition of Soundphiles, for which a separate call will go out in the coming days.
Closing date for receipt of entries (forms and preview DVDs/online download links) 31 Oct, 2016
How Do I Submit?
- Please enter the film online to the festival by filling up the google form and submitting it (https://goo.gl/forms/6RkmvXrcEvtp2Rql1) before October 31, 2016.
- For preview viewing, you can either submit an online link to the film (along with password) or post two DVD copies to the address mentioned below.
- The entrant will also need to submit three high quality images from the film, and one photo of the Director.
- The online link of the film with password and publicity material can be sent to: email@example.com
Address for sending preview DVD copies:
Subasri Krishnan, Festival Director, IAWRT Asian Women's Film Festival, 145, Gautam Nagar, New Delhi 110049, India
(Note: For waiver of custom duty, all entry packages sent to the festival must be prominently labeled: “FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY. NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”)
Once you have sent in your entries, please visit www.iawrtindia.blogspot.in occasionally for updates