By Aditi Patwardhan. Posted on May 09, 2016
On popular demand, the deadline for Yes Foundation's Social Film Grant has been extended till June 15, 2016.
Yes Foundation has always presented aspiring filmmakers a platform to hone their filmmaking skills besides doing their various social causes in the process. We have been in awe of and rooted for 'Yes! I am the CHANGE', the annual filmmaking competition conducted by Yes Foundation for a long time now. This year they've come up with another outstanding initiative called YES FOUNDATION Social Film Grant.
In association with UNDP India, Yes Foundation is organising a contest-based program to provide filmmaking grants to aspiring filmmakers. If you have mastered the art of storytelling and are able to convey a message in a crisp and precise manner, then you cannot afford to miss this opportunity.
If you believe in making a change through your films and leaving an impact on people's minds, here's an exciting prospect for you:
YES FOUNDATION Social Film Grant India is a film production fund, which aims to award a sum of up to INR 5 lakh each to talented filmmakers for making 1-minute public service films on the theme of sustainable development goals.
The Sustainable Development Goals provide a unified focus on global development initiatives, which impact our planet and its inhabitants directly. One needs to incorporate the cause of sustainable development goals into a short film of one minute duration. The aim is to create awareness among, inform and educate people, while also entertaining them.
1. Opportunity to participate in a Mentorship Lab: Up to 10 selected candidates will get an opportunity to attend a 3-day Mentorship Lab in Mumbai, where they'll be mentored by experts from the fields of advertising, media and entertainment.
2. Getting guidance from industry stalwarts.
3. Winning a production grant to make your film!
The steps to participate are fairly simple. Since it's a filmmaking grant, all you need to do in the first stage is to brainstorm an awesome idea and present it in a lucid, crisp and visual manner.
1. Come up with an idea for a 1-minute film on sustainable development goals. To know more about sustainable development goals, click here.
3. Submit the story of your 1-minute Public Service Film accompanied by a visual description by completing the official application process. Click here to apply.
4. Sit back and relax. If your idea is selected, you'll be informed duly.
Only 10 shortlisted applicants will be invited for a 3-day Mentorship Lab in Mumbai to be mentored by experts from the fields of advertising, media and entertainment. The jury panel for the mentorship lab includes veterans like Piyush Pandey, National Creative Director, Ogilvy and Mather, Santosh Padhi, Founder, Taproot-Dentsu and Shivendra Singh Dungarpur, Ad filmmaker and Film Conservationist.
5. The Jury will select up to four projects to be commissioned based on their outstanding potential to communicate a message, creative merit, universality of subject matter and technical and financial feasibility. Grant winners will receive up to INR 5 lakh each to make their films. A total grant money of up to INR 20 lakh is to be offered as a part of the program!
1. Last date of Application: June 15, 2016
2. Mentorship Lab & Pitching: July 7-9, 2016
3. Projects Commissioning: July 11, 2016
For further inquiries and clarifications, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org